KVision x VIISA Hackathon: Building Co-Innovation
A place of synergy that helps you to grow and create value
KVision is launching a 3-day hackathon on June 28-30, 2019. We're looking for startups with cool new products or ideas to tackle finance and business challenges facing Vietnamese and ASEAN economies today. Get mentorship from a slew of seasoned mentors, networking with renowned startups, and a chance to bring your product in front of potential investors from all across the region.
Our 3-day program is designed to help you hack our challenges and come up with innovative business solutions that are ready for investment and regional expansion.
* * * WINNERS * * *
Grand Winner - Acceleration Track
Grand Winner - Ideation Track
Winners - UP and Appable's Choice
Winners - Top 5 Acceleration Track for AWS Credit
Next Good Things
Winners - Top 5 Ideation Track for AWS Credit
What Challenges Will You Solve?
Find a way to bring financial services to the underbanked and SMEs via simple and innovative platforms.
Serve growing cashless society in the age of mobile, social media and ecommerce by reinventing payment.
Use big data to help people get loans faster, with more efficiency, accuracy and convenience
Offer lifestyle solutions to improve customers’ day-to-day experience in shopping, dining and traveling
Who Can Join?
- Fintechs such as: payment solution, data lending, onboarding
- Industry solution providers such as: commerce, F&B, and hospitality solutions
We offer 2 Tracks for you to join:
- Ideation Track: For those with creative ideas and want to build real business solutions
- Acceleration Track: For those with disruptive products and want to evolve and integrate with real API
- Duc Tran, CEO, VIISA
- Chat Luangarpa, First Senior Vice President, KASIKORNBANK
- Nick Tran, Vice President, Developer Marketing, Akamai
- Thadpong Pongthawornkamol, KASIKORN BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY GROUP
- Dr. Quang Tuan Phan, Associate Professor, University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- Nguyen Phuong Hoang, CTO, Sendo
- Hien Ta, CEO, Joolux
- Nattariya Wittayatanaseth, Investment Manager, Beacon Ventures Capital
- Nguyen Ba Diep, Executive Vice Chairman, Momo
- Nguyen Hoa Binh, Chairman, NextTech
- Kelly Tran, CEO, Appable
- Hien Ta, CEO, Joolux
And more coming soon...
- Build partner: CoderSchool, Sun* Startups, Appable,...
- Storytelling: VIISA, Access Ventures, Patamar...
- Design thinking partners: REAPRA, Appable, VIISA,...
- Creative partners: Appable, NAU Studio, Dwarves
Our 3-Day Agenda
17:30 Opening Remarks - Payment Department, Nghiem Thanh Son, State Bank of Vietnam
17:45 Keynote Speech: Fintech Landscape, Chat Luangarpa, KASIKORNBANK
18:15 Why Hacking? The Innovation DNA, Nick Tran, Akamai
18:45 Introduce Judges and Partners + Program Orientation
19:15 Hacking + Mentor Slot
19:30 Hacking continues
09:00 Hacking continues
10:00 Expert Talk: Design Thinking, Kelly Tran, Appable
10:30 Expert Talk: Storytelling, Kelly Tran, Appable
13:00 Hacking + Mentor Slot
15:00 Open Innovation Talk: What VC's Look for in Startups, Nattariya Wittayatanaseth, Beacon Ventures
16:30 Panel Discussion: Fintech from 0 to 1: NextTech, Sendo, MoMo, Joolux,
17:15 Hacking + Mentor Slot
19:30 Hacking continues
09:30 Closing Keynote: Why Vietnam? Why Now?, Dr. Quang Tuan Phan, National University of Singapore
10:30 Break and prep time
11:00 Pitching begins
14:30 Pitching continues
17:30 Award Speech
17:50 Award Ceremony
18:30 Dinner and celebration
$80,000 in prizes
Acceleration Track: Grand Winner
Cash prize of $5,000 to grand winner of Acceleration Track
Ideation Track: Grand Winner
Cash prize of $2,000 to grand winner of Ideation Track
Fast-Track Entry to Startup Programs
Acceleration Track winner gets fast-track entry to other startup programs.
AWS Credit (10)
$5,000 AWS Credit awarded to top 5 contestants from each track. Credit valid for 1 year.
6-month Seats at UP: Top 3 Teams
Top 3 teams selected by UP Co-working Space (max 3 people/team) get 6-month seats at UP Co-working Space.
Appable/Product School: 2 Startups
2 Startups (1 person/team) will receive $2000-valued Product School program
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals; Teams (up to 3 members per team)
- Product: Ideation Track applicants must have existing idea. Acceleration Track applicants must have minimum viable product, at least one paying customer or booking revenue
- Countries: Any nationality but must be domiciled in Vietnam at the time of the program
How to enter
Steps to Apply
- Candidates may apply through this Google Form and upload all information. APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by email by 22 June, 2019.
*UPDATE* Emails have been sent out to applicants regarding our decision. Please check your emails. Thank you for applying to our program!
First Senior Vice President, KASIKORNBANK
Nghiem Thanh Son
Senior Deputy Director General of Payment Systems Department, State Bank of Vietnam
Dr. Quang Tuan Phan
Associate Professor, University of Hong Kong (HKU)
Nguyen Hoa Binh
COO, UP Co-working Space
Please visit the Rules page