KVision x VIISA Hackathon: Building Co-Innovation
A place of synergy that helps you to grow and create value
KVision is launching a 3-day hackathon on June 28-30, 2019. We're looking for startups with cool new products or ideas to tackle finance and business challenges facing Vietnamese and ASEAN economies today. Get mentorship from a slew of seasoned mentors, networking with renowned startups, and a chance to bring your product in front of potential investors from all across the region.
Our 3-day program is designed to help you hack our challenges and come up with innovative business solutions that are ready for investment and regional expansion.
APPLICATIONS OPEN: FINAL CALL - DEADLINE JUNE 19, 2019
Apply through this Google Form
See full details of the hackathon below.
What Challenges Will You Solve?
Find a way to bring financial services to the underbanked and SMEs via simple and innovative platforms.
Serve growing cashless society in the age of mobile, social media and ecommerce by reinventing payment.
Use big data to help people get loans faster, with more efficiency, accuracy and convenience
Offer lifestyle solutions to improve customers’ day-to-day experience in shopping, dining and traveling
Who Can Join?
- Fintechs such as: payment solution, data lending, onboarding
- Industry solution providers such as: commerce, F&B, and hospitality solutions
We offer 2 Tracks for you to join:
- Ideation Track: For those with creative ideas and want to build real business solutions
- Acceleration Track: For those with disruptive products and want to evolve and integrate with real API
- Duc Tran, VIISA
- Chat Luangarpa, KASIKORNBANK
- Nick Tran, Akamai
- Thadpong Pongthawornkamol, KASIKORN BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY GROUP
- Quang Tuan Phan, University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- Nguyen Phuong Hoang, Sendo
- Hien Ta, Joolux
- Nattariya Wittayatanaseth, Beacon Ventures Capital
And more coming soon...
Our 3-Day Agenda
17:30 Opening Remarks - Payment Department, Nghiem Thanh Son, State Bank of Vietnam
17:45 Keynote Speech: Fintech Landscape, Chat Luangarpa, KASIKORNBANK
18:15 Why Hacking? The Innovation DNA, Nick Tran, Akamai
18:45 Introduce Judges and Partners
19:00 Hacking + Mentor Slot: Decide what to build
19:30 Hacking continues
09:00 Hacking continues
10:00 Expert Talk: Design Thinking, Kelly Tran, Appable
10:30 Expert Talk: Storytelling, Kelly Tran, Appable
13:00 Hacking + Mentor Slot: Build it
16:30 Panel Discussion: Fintech from 0 to 1: VIISA, UP Co-working Space, and other reputable startups
17:15 Hacking + Mentor Slot: Pitch It
19:30 Hacking continues
09:30 Closing Keynote: Why Vietnam? Why Now?, Quang Tuan Phan, National University of Singapore
10:30 Break and prep time
11:00 Pitching begins
14:30 Pitching continues
17:30 Award Speech:
17:50 Award Ceremony
18:30 Dinner and celebration
To register for the event, please Register here
- Participants: Individuals; Teams (up to 3 members per team)
- Product: Ideation Track applicants must have existing idea. Acceleration Track applicants must have minimum viable product, at least one paying customer or booking revenue
- Countries: Any nationality but must be domiciled in Vietnam at the time of the program
Register here (deadline on 19/06/2019)
How to enter
Steps to Apply
- Candidates may apply through this Google Form and upload all information. Applications are open until 19 June, 2019.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by email by 22 June, 2019.
First Senior Vice President, KASIKORNBANK
Nghiem Thanh Son
Senior Deputy Director General of Payment Systems Department, State Bank of Vietnam
Vice President, Akamai
How unique is the idea? Is it an amazing new scenario? How transformative is the solution to current practices in the banking world?
Does it create value? How well does it answer to customer needs? And what is the size of the problem it solves for customers?
Does it have a gorgeous interface? Is it easy to use and fast? How practical is the design and how well can it integrate with existing systems?
How well does it use existing platforms and technology? How scalable is it in the long run?